It is our intention that everybody feel at home and welcome whilst staying at our guest house. Please observe our house rules, designed to make everybody’s stay as comfortable and relaxed as possible, whilst respecting our home and other guests.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on site of the Guest House.
- It is a legal requirement to not smoke anywhere indoors. Any evidence of smoking can lead to a fine of £100.
- No candles or burning of incense, whilst we like the smell of incense it does pose a fire risk that we must mitigate by banning its usage.
- We love dogs and cats, but we can not unfortunately accommodate for any pets.
- Please do not bring strangers into our Guest House without letting us know in advance.
- Safety is our number one priority, we have strict limits to the occupancy of any given room and must account for everybody staying with us. Any unregistered extra guests found to have stayed will be charged at a full rate of an appropriate room and asked along with the original booking party to leave with immediate effect.
- If you have any physical disabilities, please read our access statement.
- We have a strictly no parties or events policy, if you’re meeting with up to 3 friends for a chat within the hours of 11:30am- 7pm, you’re welcome to make use of our dining room.
- Our guest house is not suitable for aged 0-12 years.
- For the comfort and convenience of all guests, we have a ‘Quiet Time’ between the hours of 10:30 pm and 7 am.
- Keep TV or radios at a reasonable level, so as not to disturb other guests who may be sleeping.
- Be sure not to slam doors. Note fire doors have an auto-close mechanism, so please soften them when closing at night or morning.
- No messy food to be consumed in guest rooms. Take outs can be eaten in the dining room.
- Please take extra care of your keys. Lost keys incur a replacement fee (currently £50 as we need to also change front door keys and locks for security reasons).
- Please take care of the furnishings.
- Any damage will be charged at the cost of replacement or additional cleaning. This includes stained bedding or carpets etc.
- Please do not rearrange the furniture.
- Breakfast is served during two time slots to minimize people in the dining room at once. Although tables may be shared with other guests.
- Weekdays: 7:30am-8:15am & 8:15am-9am Weekend: 8am-8:45am & 8:45am-9:30am.
- Cold Breakfast option is also available outside of the cooked breakfast times, but not to be treated as an all inclusive. Only one breakfast sitting per guest per day.
- We no longer provide a daily cleaning service for guests staying multiple days.
- Check-in time is from 4 pm to 6 pm unless arranged earlier or later. Please let me know if you wish to arrive outside of the default check-in time.
- Please be prepared to have ID. Access may be refused without ID.
- We retain the right to refuse entry to guests showing covid symptoms. On these rare occasions (as we assume guests with symptoms to follow government guidelines), we may request that a lateral flow test be taken. Whilst we appreciate this may be inconvenient, the policy is in place to protect vulnerable guests.
- PARKING: On-Road Scheme operates from 11.00 am to Noon and 6 pm to 7 pm daily, with no free parking provision. MF Zone. We have on-site parking for up to 5 cars @ £5 per day and good restricted local parking on the front, side, and rear roads for free with an Esk Vale issued permit.
- You will be required to fill in a form to obtain a parking permit with your name, car reg and address. driving license may also be requested.
- Parking is allocated on a first-come basis. Damaged, un-returned, or lost permits will be charged at replacement cost.
- We do not offer any additional cover for cancellations made outside of our cancellations policy based on Covid 19.
- The cancellation policy will be highlighted at the time of booking.
- In case of fire, please follow the Fire instructions located near or on the back of every guest room door.
- Self check out is fine, however, please remember to return permits, let us know if anything has been damaged. Alternatively, please contact me to check out in person.
Violation of House Rules
- Violation of any of our House rules may result in offending guests being asked to leave our guest house with immediate effect without any refund and billed for any appropriate costs incurred and or fines. Again, our house rules are designed with safety and comfort of all guests.